START DATE – 23/11/2020
Astronomy since olden times has been seen, as a complicated and toughest subject. Fearing the complexity many even dare to utter the name of the subject too!
However, Young Innovators has taken a step ahead to simplify this subject in the simplest manner possible by keeping the simple mathematics of astronomy and physics as the base.
The course is designed to reach young minds who, even from the age of 8 years can hold an understanding of the concepts.
So, what is this course all about?
This course is aimed at understanding the three important celestial objects sun, moon, and earth, and how its characteristics is being analyzed using ancient methodology and observations.
It begins with the concept of perceiving the sky as a “universe” and understanding the motion of the celestial objects within it.
Three main objects focussed in this course are Sun, Moon, and Earth and their relationship with each other.
All the concepts of the sessions are well demonstrated to achieve understanding in the most realistic way possible!
Astronomy for the unknown minds - Topics
- Lesson 1: Ancient observation concepts/aspects of viewing the sky
- Lesson 2: Geocentric and heliocentric theory
- Lesson 3: Few astronomers and their work
- Lesson 4: Life cycle of the sun
- Lesson 5: Colour, composition, and Energy of sun
- Lesson 6: Splitting of white light
- Lesson 7: Size and shape of Sun, moon, and earth
- Lesson 8: Layers of Sun
- Lesson 9: Distance scale- Astronomical unit
- Lesson 10: Shape of the earth
- Lesson 11: Day & night
- Lesson 12: Tilt of earth and seasons
- Lesson 13: Ecliptic path of earth’s orbit and Kepler laws
- Lesson 14: Effects of revolution
- Lesson 15: Habitable zone
- Lesson 16: Origin of the moon
- Lesson 17: Importance of moon
- Lesson 18: Eclipses -Importance of earth, moon, and sun