START DATE – 25/11/2020
With the invention of the telescope in the 16th century, astronomy has opened its boundaries beyond the sky. Gone were the times where people just stared at the little tiny dots visible in the sky.
Hands were raised, telescopes were focussed, objects were observed! People discovered the solar system, zoomed to the galaxies, and explored the universe.
Telescope got the light that was received from million light years away. It brightened our visions with the beauty of the mesmerizing universe.
Its beauty drove our curiosity to understand them better.
So, what is the module-2 all about?
Module -1 is aimed at keeping the curiosity intact by understanding the presence of the solar systems within the arms of the milky way galaxy. Large, violent home for all of us!
It is focused on understanding our immediate neighborhood in the universe starting from the sun, planets, Natural satellites, and the galaxy as a whole.
Recommended for the ones with knowledge of basic astronomy or simply take up our Course “Astronomy for the unknowns”
Celestial nature in the immediate neighborhood! - Topics
- Lesson 1: Origin and formation of the solar system
- Lesson 2: Classification of planets
- Lesson 3: Differential rotation of Sun
- Lesson 4: Safe methods to view the sun
- Lesson 5: Astronomical scales
- Lesson 6 : Kepler laws
- Lesson 7: Sundial and its making
- Lesson 8 : Sundial activity in the field and its calculations
- Lesson 9: Surface feature and characteristics of planets
- Lesson 10: Planets with unique characteristics –Retrograde motion, phases of Venus
- Lesson 11: Age and weight on other planets
- Lesson 12: Asteroids and their classification
- Lesson13: Galaxy and their classification
- Lesson 14: Electromagnetic spectrum, multiwavelength analysis of Milky way
- Lesson 15: Milky way structure and its dimensions