START DATE – 27/11/2020
Recommended for the students who have good knowledge of physics, mathematics, and Basic astronomy or simply participate in our course “Celestial nature in the immediate neighborhood ” in astronomy.
To make the complex physics of astronomy simple and enjoyable, advanced terms of astronomy are redefined with the concept of visualization.
To get a first – hand experience in practical astronomy, students are exposed to the working and building of a 5-inch telescope from the scratch.
Concepts of optics and its principles are analyzed as a part of the working of the telescope.
An educational field trip is encouraged at the end of the course to experience the night sky and the celestial objects through a telescope.
Value points : Building of telescope and exposure on how to use the telescope for observing different celestial objects.
Module-3 Celestial nature visualized
- Lesson 1: Electromagnetic Spectrum-Concept of wavelength
- Lesson 2: Types of spectra
- Lesson 3: Parameters of stars
- Lesson 4: Stars and its evolution-red giant
- Lesson 5: Life cycle of stars -Low mass, Medium mass and high mass
- Lesson 6: Log and magnitude scales
- Lesson 7: HR diagram
- Lesson 8: Clusters –formation and their types
- Lesson 9: Optics and its principles
- Lesson 10: Working of telescope
- Lesson 11: Types of telescopes ad its mounts